Firstly you need to
- Tracking your application
- UAGC will update you about the results. The only thing you need to do is to log in to your account and check your email
then you need to check your offers
Institutions will issue
Unconditional acceptance letter, which means that you are offered a place with no conditions
Conditional acceptance letter, which means that you offered a place but you need to meet certain criteria. For example, graduate the high school with a certain GPA, or perhaps certain English language requirements. It will be pointed out to you what you should do
Rejection letter. In this case, you need to see why you were rejected. Is it because you could not meet certain academic criteria? If so, you may be able to re-apply to another program that could accept you based on your existing qualifications.
An alternate study offer. For example, if your grades are not allowing you to study medicine, the institution will offer you an alternative ex. Biomedicine which will give you the opportunity to apply for Medicine the following year
After you have to make your decision
You will need to decide if you will take or decline the offer.
- If you accept, you need to proceed with all the steps mentioned in the acceptance letter.
- You can always reject an offer but have in mind that if you change your mind you need probably to reapply or even the seats will be full at the time you reapply.
- Check also an alternative offer
Small and smart tips.
- Apply for more than one program if you feel that there is a chance to get rejected.
- An alternative offer might lead to the program you choose but for the next year. Consult the university for that. Ex (got rejected for medicine? Then your alternative offer could be a Biomedical pre-med program. The pre-med program gives you the opportunity to register for Medicine next year if you meet University conditions)
There is a chance to ask for an Interview....
Interviews aren’t the most comfortable situation a student could be asked to face. But it is necessary for the tutors and professors because that is how they can evaluate your knowledge in certain aspects and understand your personality. So here are some tips to help you in finding out what the interviewer is looking for
Put on your nice smile, be confident, say to yourself that you can do it and…. go ahead
- Basic Knowledge of Language and for the subject you are applying for.
- Understanding the concept of a university
- Your enthusiasm
- Your focus
- In some cases, your dress code is important
- Sometimes it helps to do some homework and find out in advance about the university and the country you’re studying in
In conclusion… be yourself, be optimistic, educate yourself a bit about the little details mentioned above and you will be fine