Visa process for international or EU students
The visa process can be a bit frustrating at times but only for those who do not follow the proper procedures… so here it is. Try to have a little smile and all will be fine
EU students will be required to apply for a Residence Card. Documents required are
- a) Passport or ID. Though EU citizens can travel freely to Cyprus, they are required to submit an application for an Issue of Residence Permit to the Migration Department within four (4) months of their date of entry into the Republic of Cyprus. The Office of Admissions will assist with this procedure.
- b) EU students are obliged by the Migration Department regulations to have health insurance coverage or alternatively the EU Hospitalization Card.
All non-EU students require a visa to enter Cyprus. Provided that all the required documents and payments have been received, the institutions will submit the student’s documents to the Migration Authorities and Ministry of Education for further approval. Once the visa application is approved, the visa will be issued in Cyprus and the student will be informed accordingly. A copy of the visa will be sent to the student to present to immigration upon entry.
Following the above and after a Conditional Acceptance Letter is issued, we will guide you on how to submit the following documents to the Office of Admissions:
- Application Fee (you already paid to UAGC)
- Student Visa Fee (visa application will not be processed without this non-refundable fee)
- Original attested copy of High School Leaving Certificate and mark sheets
- Original attested passport copy (valid for at least two years from the start of the semester to be enrolled)
- Original attested Police Clearance Certificate (6 months validity period)
- Original attested bank letter (6 months validity period) stating that the student’s sponsor has the financial ability to support his/her living expenses, tuition and repatriation expenses. Sponsor may only be Father/Mother/ Self. In case of another Sponsor, a Court Affidavit will be required which must clearly state the relationship between Sponsor and student
- Original attested bank statement (1-month validity) which clearly shows the minimum amount of €7,000 in the sponsor’s account
- Original attested blood test results for HIV, Syphilis, Hepatitis B and C (4 months validity)
- Original attested chest X-ray report for Tuberculosis (4 months validity)
- Students applying for a Master’s degree must also submit an attested copy of their Bachelor’s Degree and Transcripts.